Walk Western Australia's Karijini & Ningaloo Reef
Minimise the driving time and maximise the adventure on a 10-day guided camping tour in Western Australia. Snorkel in the clear waters of Turquoise Bay at Ningaloo Reef, take a dip in secluded swimming holes fed by tumbling waterfalls, explore the rugged landscapes of Karijini National Park and more. With the perfect combination of activities and relaxation surrounded by some of Australia’s most incredible scenery, this trip is big on adventure. With an opportunity to swim with whale sharks plus plenty of hiking trails, this trip is perfect for those who love to jump right in.
- Karijini National Park - Dales Gorge
- Karijini National Park - Kalamina Gorge walk
- Karijini National Park - Karajini Visitor Centre
- Karijini National Park - Mt Bruce Summit walk
- Karijini National Park - Hancock Gorge
- Karijini National Park - Kermit's Pool
- Karijini National Park - Weano Recreation Area
- Karijini National Park - Weano Gorge & Handrail Pool
- Tom Price - Mt Nameless (Jarndunmunha) Trail walk
- Cape Range National Park - Mandu Mandu Walk
- Cape Range National Park - Yardie Gorge Trail
- Ningaloo Marine Park - Turquoise Bay
- Cape Range National Park - Charles Knife Canyon & Badjirrajirra Walk trail
- Explore Karijini National Park including Kalamina, Dales, Weano & Hancock Gorges, Kermit's and Handrail Pool, and summit Mt Bruce - Australia’s second highest peak.
- There’s no need for a map or GPS on this walking trip – with an expert local leader that knows the area inside-out, all you have to do is enjoy the journey.
- Snorkel Ningaloo Reef, where you’ll see rich and diverse marine life plus vibrant coral creating a rainbow of colours underneath the turquoise waters.
- Take the opportunity for an (optional) experience of a lifetime and go swimming with whale sharks, the world’s biggest fish, off Western Australia’s Coral Coast.
- With all meals included, you’ll enjoy breakfast at your campsite, fresh picnic lunches in incredible locations and delicious campfire dinners prepared by your guide.
Our leaders are born and raised in-country, and they know their destination better than anyone. So you’ll do more than just see a place, you’ll live it. Small groups, big adventures and responsible travel – that’s our thing. With 1,000 trips in a variety of styles across 100 countries, we’re sure you’ll find something you like. So let’s get started.
1. Real life experiences
What is travel but a search for something that can’t be Googled? We love the highlights, but the real magic for us happens well away from a beaten path. It’s the little noodle bars, hidden galleries and backstreet bodegas and real life experiences you won’t find in a search engine.
2. Connected by travel
The beauty of small group travel isn’t just new places, it’s new perspectives. It’s the stories you hear and the friendships you forge, the ones that stick around long after the tan has faded. Our travellers come from all walks of life; what unites them is where they’re going.
3. Travel works best when it's balanced
Time is your most precious resource, especially on a holiday. That’s why our trips are built with balance in mind. A little group time, a little you time – the way it should be. And because our tours have an average of just 10 people, there’s more of the world to go round.
4. With great travel comes great responsibility
The world’s a pretty amazing place, and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. And all it takes is a little dash of self-awareness, a slightly softer tread. Sustainable travel doesn’t mean no fun. It means that fun can be used to benefit others. Respect.
5. Adventure should be for everyone
Age, pillow preference, budget, travelling solo or together – it doesn’t matter where you’re from, what matters is where you’d like to go. Our mission is to deliver the best travel experiences to anyone who’s up for them. So no matter if you favour a soft landing or a wild take-off, Intrepid stands for you.
6. Our leaders are the greatest
We realised early on that the best folks to show you the heart of a destination are, funnily enough, the ones that live there. These are our leaders: travel experts and friendly locals who know their countries back to front, from every backstreet bar to every hidden gallery. They’re the big, smiling face of Intrepid (and we couldn’t be prouder).